Community Light Elder Network is a Wisconsin based volunteer and member driven network of senior advocates, neighbors, professionals, students, businesses, assisted living homes, and caregivers that have come together to help find solutions to eliminate the barriers that prevent seniors and their caregivers from living active and meaningful lives. Initially we are working with Madison and Dane County and then expanding to the “Greater Madison Region” that also includes the counties of Columbia, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk.
Partnering with our community to help give seniors and their caregivers the opportunity to age actively and creatively, enjoy being out in their community, live meaningful lives, and to remain safe in their homes and community through a trusted preferred network of providers that offer services, goods, home repairs, home care, and technology-based supports.
Together…. one member, one volunteer, one sponsorship, and one donation at a time we can “be the reason someone smiles today”.
There is no age limit on happiness … … sometimes it just takes a little love, sharing, and a community united………..One smile, one step, one pedal at a time.
- Offering seniors opportunities to be out in the community with volunteer assistance and safe access to parks, bike trails, local events, and community attractions by providing pedicabs, golf carts, wheelchair rides, benches to drop off safely, and the incredible volunteers to pedal, push, drive, and share their smiles and sense of adventure.
We don’t want to reinvent the wheel; we want to work with our community to partner with existing organizations and programs and then fill the gaps only when needed.
Seniors with limited mobility and their 24/7 caregivers often suffer silently from ……..
- Nature Deprivation
- Social Isolation
- Loss of Purpose in their Lives
- Loss of Identity and Personal Expression
- Lack of Activities and Loss of Enjoyment
- Lack of Opportunities for Personal Expression and Creativity
- Loss of Opportunities for Continued Community Engagement
All of which can contribute to illness and depression among seniors and their caregivers
Cycling Without Age Greater Madison
We are fortunate to be an affiliate with “Cycling Without Age” and partnering with our community to help offer seniors and people with disabilities free trishaw rides. Together we can give people with limited mobility a chance to feel the wind in their hair, share a smile, and wave a fine good day to their neighbors by getting back out into nature, hearing the birds, feeling the warmth of the sun, and sharing a story or two.
Learn the history and success of “Cycling Without Age” at cyclingwithoutage.org
Your advocacy, membership, and donations help support our initiatives and programs in so many ways ……thank you!